WHAT IS THE FAMILY VIOLENCE COORDINATING COUNCIL?
- The FVCC of the Fourth Judicial Circuit is a body of local decision makers from all systems that have contact with family violence victims and perpetrators. These include judges, probation officers, state’s attorneys, public defenders, law enforcement officers, circuit clerks, victim advocates, clergy, hospitals and health care providers, social services, DCFS, educators, mediators and victim service providers.
- The Council engages in education, prevention and coordination of intervention and services for victims and perpetrators of child abuse, teen dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault and elder abuse.
- There are six Issues Committees that meet to address issues of family violence in the nine counties in the Fourth Judicial Circuit. Tur Planning/Steering Committee meets to determine the direction that the FVCC will take, what issues need to be addressed by the Council and the topic of the annual Symposium/Full Council Meeting.
WHAT ARE THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF THE FOURTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT FAMILY VIOLENCE COORDINATING COUNCIL?
- Annual Symposium/Full Council Meetings with nationally-known speakers
- Protocol Development & Training for Hospital Staff
- Domestic Violence & Stalking Protocol Development & Training for Law Enforcement Officers
- Development of Victim’s Packets for Law Enforcement Officers to use in domestic violence cases
- Protocol Development & Training and Teacher’s Sheets for Educators & School Staff on their Response to Victims of Family Violence
- Development of a Quick Clergy Guide
- Workshops & Trainings on The Link Between Animal Abuse, Child Abuse and Domestic Violence
- Workshop on the Effects of Domestic Violence & Methamphetamine on Children
- Teen Dating Violence Workshops for Junior & Senior High Students
- Mandated Reporting Training
- Stalking Training for Advocates & Law Enforcement Officers
- FOID Card, Domestic Violence & Mental Health Training
- Religion: As a Roadblock & a Resource for Domestic Violence Victims Workshop
- Living in Their Shoes: Domestic Violence and Homelessness Workshop
- Internet Crimes Workshop
- Child Sexual Predators Workshop
- Elder Abuse Workshop
- The Fourth Circuit FVCC has also compiled a large collection of resources to assist in education of professionals and the general public.
WHAT IS THE FUTURE DIRECTION OF THE FOURTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT FAMILY VIOLENCE COORDINATING COUNCIL?
The FVCC believes that the reduction of family violence is central to the reduction of other forms of violence. Reducing and preventing family violence will contribute significantly to the creation of communities that are safe, secure and healthy.